Another year, another list. 2017 in 30 pictures. A list to talk about at gourmet-diner this evening, right?
30. Lohaus / Charlatan Ghent
“Man your guitar doesn’t sound that good”
– “I know, I should change”
29. Billie Leyers / Charlatan Ghent
She’s got soul sister!
28. Sampha / Pukkelpop Kiewit
Love how he’s into his music.
27. Russ / Pukkelpop Kiewit
King Russ, looking at his ‘dancing’ servants.
26. The Very Very Danger / Charlatan Ghent
Didn’t flip a bottle, still nailed the dab.
25. Tin Fingers / Trix Antwerp
24. Lee Anderson / Charlatan Ghent
Leesco in the disco, lick it.
23. Hydrogen Sea / Trix Antwerp
22. Brihang / Trix Antwerp
There was only one way for Brihang this year, and that’s the way up!
21. PJ Harvey / Pukkelpop Kiewit
What? I don’t have to play it, i’m f*cking PJ Harvey!
20. Le Manou / Trix Antwerp
Oops, I did it again..
19. Glints / Trix Antwerp
Well, we all know that position.
18. Soulwax / AB Brussels
17. Coely / Ab Brussels
Coelovely hugs on stage.
16. Hamilton Leithauser / Botanique Brussels
I could only capture the beginning of his levitation.
15. Gabriel Rios / Zebrawoods Ghent
Standing in between the people, or isn’t he?
14. J. Bernardt / AB Brussels
The way he shows the ‘rabbit-ears’ give’s away he doesn’t play rock&roll music. And he doesn’t have to because he’s awesome.
13. Strans Of Oaks / Pukkelpop Kiewit
He’ll be back, look for it.
12. Tamino / Pukkelpop Kiewit
The belgian revelation of 2017. That’s all you have to know by now.
11. Jose Gonzalez / Cirque Royale Brussels
You stayed in the shade, Jose.
10. The XX / Pukkelpop Kiewit
The XXL crowd.
9. Perfume Genius / Pukkelpop Kiewit
I hope, with all the dancing, he’s also a deodorant genius.
8. Newmoon / AB Brussels
You can read on his face how intense a Newmoon show is. If you can, go see them in 2018!
7. El Yunque / AB Brussels
The guys from Weird El Yunquevich are the defenition of the word ‘energy’ when they’re on stage.
6. Strand Of Oaks / AB Brussels
Told you he’ll be back. The most adorable teddy rock&roll bear in the world!
5. Mykki blanco / Pukkelpop Kiewit
F*ck the stage, make a circle for me.
4. Sigur Rós / Forest National Brussels
Takk. I really couldn’t say more. Takk.
3. Bonobo / AB Brussels
The beginning of colour in my life.
2. EME / Afropunk Festival Paris
African dancing makes you happy, i’ve seen it with my own eyes.
1. Solange / Pukkelpop Kiewit
Women on top, Solange above all women.
And that’s that. See you next year!